PANINI - PRIZM WORLD CUP - TRADING CARDS - SPECIAL!
NEW! 2017-2018 Revolution Basketball Trading Cards
2017/2018 Edition UEFA Champions League & Premier League NOW IN STOCK!
Leuchtturm1917 Bullet Journals
LEUCHTTURM1917 Clearance Sale - Selected Stock Only SAVE UP TO 53%
Grand Catalogue of Australian and Oceanian Coins - 2000 - 2017
MATRIX - Discover the perfect stylish design system for self-adhesive coin holder storage!
Leuchtturm1917 - Limited Edition Metalic - Celebrating 100 Years!
PRESENTATION CASES for PANDA KOOKABURRA KOALA 1oz SILVER COINS
NEW! CAPS XL LARGE ROUND COIN - MEDALLION HOLDERS
Discover the hidden rarities in your collection with this best selling handheld tool.
The Stanley Gibbons Detectamark Spectrum makes it even easier to discover the hidden rarities in your collection.
This battery powered device operates via pressure applied evenly to the stamp by means of a recessed screw in the base of the device (AA batteries not included)
It is simple to use and the multiple colour settings and adjustable light source, unique to the Detectamark Spectrum, provide additional help when identifying more difficult watermarks.
It even shows up watermarks on modern stamps printed on thick, chalk-surfaced papers with full gum – the ones that other detectors fail to identify.It is clean safe and very effective, without the use of chemicals and solvents and also helps to detect minor damage, such as thins, tears or repairs
How to get the best from your Detectamark Spectrum:
– The effectiveness of the Detectamark Spectrum depends on the shadows being cast in the paper where the watermark design has been impressed into it, it is important to minimise the amount of external light which can get into the machine through the viewing aperture. Ideally it should be used in a darkened room, although total darkness is not necessary
– Ideally, the back of the stamp should be free of backing paper or hinge remnants. A hinge on the back will prevent the stamp being pressed flat and inhibit the effectiveness of the unit.
– The coated papers and thick gum of modern stamps can tend to disguise the watermark pattern. Nevertheless the Detectamark Spectrum should always allow enough of the watermark to be seen in order to clearly identify it.
– Check in your catalogue to see what the watermark should look like. Slight variations in the thickness of the paper may tend to obscure parts of the watermark.
– For very difficult watermarks, rotating the stamp 90 to 180 degrees in the block may help. Best results are usually achieved by placing the stamp right in the middle of the tray, but if there are hinge remnants on the back it may be worth trying it with the hinged area at the edge of the tray.
– Examine your stamps on at a time as the minute difference in thickness between two different stamps will prevent the Detectamark Spectrum working as effectively as it should
– The Sliding tray should be kept clean and free of dirt, dust and grease. Try to always lift the block by the sides and and avoid finger marks. A soft lint free cloth may be used to clean the Detectamark Spectrum if required. No solvents of any kind should be used, however if the stamp tray or acrylic block require the removal of fingermarks or stamp gum, a soft cloth may be used with a very dilute mild soap solution, the block should then be carefully dried with a cloth to remove any residues.
Bank Deposit/Transfer Bank Cheque Money Order
|For orders over $500
Shipped within Australia